It is so easy to fold napkins into bats for a fun touch on a Halloween table! I used black 20-inch napkins (50.8 centimeters) that I bought from World Market (click here to find them).
1) First, iron your napkins to get out the wrinkles. A few wrinkles won’t matter as you can see from mine below!
2) Fold the napkin in half to make a triangle.
3) Fold the napkin again to make a smaller triangle.
4) Fold up the pointed bottom so that 2 or 3 inches (5-7.5 centimeters) extend past the long flat side of the napkin.
5) Turn under about 1 1/2 inches (3.8 centimeters) of the point.
6) Place a finger on the bottom middle of the napkin. Fold up a wing on the left side.
7) Fold up a wing on the right side. Smooth the wings so they lie flat.
8) With your finger, make a small indention in the middle of the “head.”
9) Add stick-on crystal eyes if you want! Experiment with other colors to match your Halloween party! Click here to see the Halloween table using these napkins.
All inches to centimeter conversions are approximate.